Product code: SKU
5% discount coupon:
Enter AFF01 at checkout
for 5% off any purchase
Boss BR600 Overview:
The Ultimate Notebook Studio
BOSS/Roland is proud to announce the BR-600 digital recorder earned the Recording Equipment Line of the Year 2006 honer of the 14th Annual MMR Dealer's Choice Awards.
The 14th annual MMR Dealer's Choice Awards were held by the MMR (Musical Merchandise Review), based on the votes of music products dealers throughout the United States who cast their ballots for the most outstanding instruments, equipment, and accessories for 2006.
BOSS has a long, celebrated history as the world's premier compact-effects manufacturer, but now the BOSS brand has become synonymous with portable digital recording as well. The latest arrival in the BOSS recording line, the BR-600, is bound to raise BOSS's recording profile even higher. Meet the most physically streamlined, feature-rich eight-track studio on the market.
Boss BR600 Features:
- 8 simultaneous playback tracks, 64 V-Tracks
- CompactFlash memory card slot for storing recording media; 128MB card included
- Built-in FX processor, including pitch corrector and COSM amp models
- Built-in drum-machine with velocity-sensitive pads
- Built-in stereo mic and battery power to record anywhere
- USB for data transfer/computer connectivity
- Portable and ultra slim: 257 x 182 x 23mm
- Carrying case and XLR-to-1/4" mic cable included
Boss BR-600 Details:
8 Tracks & Beyond
The BR-600 provides eight simultaneous playback tracks, but there's more to this recorder than meets the eye. Each of the eight tracks also contains eight V-Tracks (virtual tracks), which gives you quick access to 64 tracks of recorded material. Record dozens of takes, then choose your favorites for mixdown.
Sweeten your tracks with the powerful effects built into the BR-600. Derived from BOSS high-end recorders, these quality algorithms can give even the dullest tracks maximum impact. Fix mistakes and master your mixes. Included in the effects suite: COSMŽ guitar and bass amp models plus chorus, delay, reverb, and EQ for every channel. Pitch correction is provided as well.
Drum Machine Onboard
Need drums? The BR-600 has a drum machine built in. Assemble your perfect backing track from nearly 300 high-quality drum patterns built in, or program your own from the velocity-sensitive pads. Rock, pop, blues, country, R&B, Latin, and more - choose your style and you're instantly groovin'.
Wherever you go, the ultra-portable BR-600 is ready to record. It can operate on six AA batteries, for starters, so you don't have to sweat the AC connection. Best of all, a quality stereo microphone is built in, so you can point and capture audio on the spot, quickly and easily. Whether you're recording band rehearsals, capturing ambient sounds, or you name it, the BR-600 is all you need to get the job done with zero hassle.
The BR-600 records its CD-quality digital audio direct to Compact Flash, the international standard for reliable, portable storage. A removable 128MB CF card is included, which provides approximately 65 minutes of recording time (one mono track). You can easily expand your recording time by purchasing optional CF cards.
Boss BR-600 Specifications:
- Tracks Track: 8, V-Track: 64 (8 V-Tracks per each Track), Up to 2 tracks can be recorded simultaneously, and up to 8 tracks can be played back simultaneously.
- Useful Capacity CompactFlash: 32 M-1 G bytes
- Data Type HiFi (MT2), STANDARD (LV1), LONG (LV2)
- Sample Rate 44.1kHz
- Frequency Response 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+1/-3 dBu)
- Nominal Input Level (Variable) GUITAR/BASS jack: -20 dBu, MIC (TRS balanced/XLR) jack: -40 dBu, LINE IN jack: -10 dBu
- Input Impedance GUITAR/BASS jack: 1 M ohms, MIC 1/2 jack: 2 k ohms (HOT-COLD), (TRS balanced/XLR), 1.0 k ohms (HOT-GND, COLD-GND), LINE IN jack: 30 k ohms
- Nominal Output Level LINE OUT jack: -10 dBu
- Output Impedance LINE OUT jack: 2 k ohms, Headphone jack: 140 ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance LINE OUT jack: 20 k ohms or greater, Headphone jack: 32-100 ohms
- Residual Noise Level LINE OUT jack: -85 dBu or less (INPUT SELECT: GUITAR/MIC, input terminated with 1 k ohms, INPUT SENS: CENTER, IHF-A, typ., EFFECT: OFF)
- Interface USB Connector
- Display 16 Characters x 2 Lines (Backlit LCD)
- Connectors GUITAR/BASS jack (1/4 inch phone type), MIC 1 jacks ( TRS balanced 1/4 inch phone type), MIC 2 jacks (TRS balanced 1/4 inch phone type), LINE IN jack (Stereo miniature phone type), LINE OUT jack (RCA pin type), FOOT SW/EXP PEDAL jack (1/4 inch phone type), PHONES jack (Stereo 1/4 inch phone type), USB connector
- Power Supply DC 9 V; Supply AC Adaptor (PSA series)/Size AA Dry battery x 6
- Current Draw 200 mA, Alkaline dry cell batteries, Approximately 5 hours (with continuous playback of 8 tracks), May vary according to usage conditions, batteries used, and type of CompactFlash used.
- Accessories Soft Case, Size AA alkaline dry cell batteries (6), TRS-XLR converter cable, Demo Card (Already inserted when the BR-600 is shipped), Owner's Manual, Separate sheet ("About Memory Cards" etc.), Roland Service (information sheet)
- Option AC Adaptor: PSA series, Foot Switch: FS-5U, Pedal Switch: DP-2 (Roland), Expression Pedal: EV-5 (Roland), FV-300L/FV-500L/FV-500H
- Size and Weight
- Width 257 mm 10-1/8 inches
- Depth 183 mm 7-1/4 inches
- Height 27 mm 1-1/8 inches
- Weight 0.7 kg 1 lbs. 9 oz.
- excluding batteries
- * The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Get your Boss BR-600 today
All brands and product names are trademarked or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Prices, specifications, and availability are subject to change without notification. E.&O.E.
Image & Description provided by and used with permission from Music Unlimited (InstrumentPro.com).
Page revised: Sunday, June 29, 2008.
This page is at http://musical-instrument-center.com/