Roland HPD-15 Overview:
"Hands On" Approach to Electronic Percussion
The HPD-15 HandSonicŪ is an electronic percussion multi-pad designed to be played by hand or finger. Using V-DrumsŪ triggering technology, this futuristic instrument allows hand percussionists to play up to 15 sounds naturally without using sticks.
Electronic hand percussion multi-pad with triggering based on V-drums technology
10" rubber pad with 15 parts for triggering up to 15 sounds simultaneously
Built-in pressure sensor allows for realistic muting and pitch control of sounds
Main pad supports Positional Sensing for creating timbre changes depending on area of pad hit
600 onboard percussion sounds from Latin countries, Asia, India, and more
Onboard effects include dedicated reverb and multi-effects processors
Powerful realtime controllers including a D Beam, dual ribbon controllers, and three control knobs
Built-in sequencer with Preset patterns and metronome function
MIDI In/Out for use with sequencers or as a dynamic MIDI controller
Dual-trigger input and hi-hat control jack
Roland HPD-15 HardSonic Percussion Controller
Electronic hand pad with V-drum technology
Pressure-sensitive 10" rubber pad designed to be played with bare hands. It has 15 parts that play up to 15 sounds simultaneously. Comes with 300 sounds from Latin America, Asia, and India, plus electronic drums and sound effects. Create and save your own sounds in 80 user patches. Powerful realtime controls include a D-Beam, dual ribbon controllers, and 3 control knobs. Also features a built-in sequencer with practice patterns and metronome, MIDI In/Out, dual-trigger input, and hi-hat control jack. 15-7/8" x 15-7/8" x 3-7/8". 7 lbs.
Save BIG when you buy today.
dynamic pad with V-Drums technology
Divided into 15 parts, the HPD-15's ultra-sensitive 10-inch rubber pad can be used to trigger up to 15 different sounds using techniques from hard conga slaps to the light finger touch needed for tabla performances. And because the main pad supports positional sensing, you can create timbre changes just by striking different areas of the pad.
Loaded with high-quality sounds
In creating the HPD-15's sound set, Roland traveled the globe-from Latin America to southeast Asia, China, India, the Middle East and Africa. There are 600 sounds total, including a fine collection of acoustic percussion sounds, electronic drums and sound effects. And unlike acoustic instruments, you don't have to worry about tuning, humidity and temperature.
Expressive realtime control
The HPD-15's knobs can be used for controlling pitch, timbre and multi-effects, while dual ribbon controllers create realistic conga slides and make triggering guiro sounds more natural. You can even create rolls by pushing harder on the pads. The D Beam, on the other hand, uses an infrared light beam for adjusting pitch, filter cutoff and triggering sounds like a gong or a bell tone. An optional expression pedal may also be used.
Handy performance features
Perfect for practice or composition, the HPD-15's 4-part pattern sequencer provides 99 Preset and User patterns. And with MIDI In and Out, you can use the HandSonic as a sound module or as the ultimate controller for playing into your sequencer. Live performers will appreciate the ability to add an optional hi-hat controller and kick trigger, as well as the HPD-15's 1/4-inch Line input for blending in external sounds.
Roland HPD-15 Specifications:
- Maximum Polyphony 64 Voices
- Instruments Pad Instruments: 600, Backing Instruments: 54
- Preset Patches 160
- User Patches 80
- Patch Chains 10 chains (32 steps per chain)
- Effect Type Reverb, Multi-Effects
- Sequencer Preset Patterns : 99, User Patterns: 99 (Maximum), Tracks: 4, Play Functions: OneShot, Loop, Tap, Resolution: 96 ticks per quarter note, Recording Method: Real-time
- Tempo 20-240
- Display 16 characters, 2 lines (backlit LCD)
- Controls Volume Knob, Realtime Modify Knob 1/2/3,
- Ribbon L/R, D Beam Controller
- Pad 10 inches, 15 sections, Pressure-Sensitive
- Connectors Output Jacks (L/Mono, R), Phones Jack (stereo), Mix In Jack (stereo), Expression Pedal / Hi-Hat Control Jack, Trigger Input Jack (dual), Foot Switch Jack (dual), MIDI Connectors (IN, OUT/THRU)
- Output Impedance 1k ohms
- Power Supply AC Adaptor (DC 9V)
- Current Draw 1000mA
- Accessories AC Adaptor (ACI/ACB Series), Label
- Size and Weight
- Width 406 mm 16 inches
- Depth 405 mm 16 inches
- Height 98 mm 3-7/8 inches
- Weight 2.9 kg 6 lbs. 7 oz.
- * Weight: excl. AC Adaptor
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Get your Roland HPD-15 today