Ortofon DJS Concorde Kit
Dj's all over the world can claim very high demands to their professional equipment, among which the cartridges "plays" their decisive part by realising the artistic scratching-back-cuing and mixing work, as a big part of the show.
Reliability and robustness is vital, when the cartridges night after night will have to withstand these demands in environments with extreme soundpressure and vibration.
Many years of experience from producing PRO-cartridges, and a close contact to DJ's have now resulted in new Ortofon versions directly addressed to the user by the name DJ.
We have found a number of vital features which quite naturl must be required by the DJ's to fulfil their professional job. The new Ortofon DJ cartridges offers a very clear visible cantilever with a red stylus point, which makes it very easy to locate the stylus in the groove. Robustness of the cantilever itself is also vital for a discoteque cartridge, where rough handling is part of normal use.
As a consequence the new Ortofon DJ cartridge has been provided with a special telescopic cantilever construction, consisting of a double tube design where the diameter of the outer tube at the same time has been raised from 0.7 to 0.8 mm.
By doing so, an extraordinary rigidity of the cantilever has been achieved, without distorting the frequency response and thereby the well-known Ortofon accuracy in sound.
Tracking ability is decisive for DJ's especially when doing scratching and back-cuing. In this situation raise of tracking force could be an immediate, but in many cases not very effective solution. The reason is that antiskating adjustment, if not a very moderate level, will double skating effect when back-cuing. So, as a rule, never use more than one half of normal antiskating related to the tracking force.
To make the cartridge even more resistant against violent handling, such as drop on the platter-mat or touch of fingers etc. we have made the suspension of the cantilever more rigid against, axial pull.
The Stylus units for the new Ortofon cartridges will appear in our special elliptical as well as our spherical versions.
One Finger Fingerlift
Output has a considerable influence on good working conditions together with amplifiers, first of all in the reation between signal and noise. The new Ortofon DJ models expose the highest output compared to any other makes. The design will be the wellknown Ortofon Concorde as well as the Ortofon half inch models. Both types will appear in a new cobolt blue colour made from a new very strong Nylon material, which will made it almost impossible to break the fingerlift on the Concorde model. From DJ's we have had the request, that the fingerlift ought to work more easily and quickly when just being touched underneath with one finger.
To help in this situation, we have now designed a rubber tube that can be placed over the plastic finger and thereby improve friction.
- Output voltage at 1000 Hz, 5cm/sec. 6 mV
- Channel balance at 1 kHz 2 dB
- Channel separation at 1 kHz 23 dB
- Channel separation at 15 kHz 15 dB
- Frequency range at - 3dB 20-20.000 Hz
- Frequency response 20-18.000 Hz + 3 / - 2 dB
- FIM distortion at recommended tracking force, DIN 45.542 < 1%
- Tracking ability at 315Hz at recommended tracking force 80 µm
- Compliance, dynamic, lateral 9 µm/mN
- Stylus type Spherical
- Stylus tip radius R 18 µm
- Equivalent stylus tip mass 0,6 mg
- Tracking force range 2,0-4,0 g (20-40 mN)
- Tracking force, recommended 3,0 g (30 mN)
- Tracking angle 20°
- Internal impedance, DC resistance 750 Ohm
- Internal inductance 450 mH
- Recommended load resistance 47 kOhm
- Recommended load capacitance 200-600 pF
- Cartridge colour, body/stylus Blue/Blue
- Cartridge weight 18,5 g
- Replacement stylus unit DJ S